You’ve made your (grocery) list, checked it twice. You’ve bravely trekked to the local Wal-Mart to get that last can of cranberry sauce. You’ve located the batter stained recipe for Grandma’s award-winning pecan pie. You’re now ready to begin the family tradition of preparing, delicious, coma-inducing food for your loved ones. With hours in the kitchen ahead of you, who has time for Thanksgiving decorations? You do, that’s who! Thanksgiving decorations don’t have to be elaborate or expensive. These Thanksgiving decorating ideas are easy, affordable (virtually free) and will create warm, inviting atmosphere for your guests.
Last Minute Thanksgiving Decorating Ideas
for the Busy Hostess
Thanksgiving Decorating Idea #1 – Bring the outside inside
You don’t have to go very far to find beautiful Thanksgiving decorating ideas. Make use of the natural elements around you. Use Fall leaves of various hues from your backyard and an inexpensive vase or mason jar to create a simple, chic centerpiece. For a more interesting lighting solution, layer acorns or cranberries in small candle votives and place them throughout your home.
Thanksgiving Decorating Idea #2 – Use Your Words
Express your gratitude with cool word art pieces like these from Etsy.com. They can be downloaded, printed at home and placed in inexpensive frames. A great way to remind everyone of the reason for the season.
Thanksgiving Decorating Idea #3 – Prepare for the Kiddies
If kids will be a part of your Thanksgiving dinner, designate a special area for them to do activities like drawing, playing games, or watching movies. Providing them with entertainment reduces potential for kiddie meltdowns and chaos. And parents will thank you for allowing them to have a little kid-free fun.
Via PG Everyday
- Felt Turkey Decorations from Party City make great “centerpieces” for a kids table, $1.99
- Plastic Ramekins from Dollar Tree, are perfect for kid-sized pre-dinner snacks -$1.00.
- Turkey Tealight Candle Holders can also hold kid-size snacks like cereal or goldfish crackers – Party City, $1.99.
- Kraft Wrapping Paper makes the the perfect kid-friendly tablecloth that doubles as a canvas for their Thanksgiving artwork – Wal Mart, $9.99 – $23.49.
- Plastic Tumblers with Lids will prevent messy spills at the kids table – Dollar Tree, $1.00.
- Stash crayons, markers, or arts and crafts material in these Pumpkin Bamboo Baskets from Party City, $7.99.